How Dangerous Are False Widow Spiders?
False widow spiders aren't that dangerous. They bite like other insects but a person's reaction is different from person to person.
Where Do False Widow Spiders Come From?
This type of spider is not uncommon in Berkshire, Hampshire, South Bucks, South Oxfordshire, West London & Surrey as it has been residing in these areas for over 100 years.
"False widow" is a general term for a group of about 120 species of spiders that resemble the infamous black widow spider. Currently, Steatoda Nobilis is the type of spider that makes into the UK headlines. It is also known as the British black widow and is about the size of a 50 pence piece. You can identify this spider by its brown, bulbous abdomen with creamy coloured markings. These markings often resemble the shape of a skull. The spider also has a tawny body and reddish-orange legs.
What To Do Prior To The Spider Control in London?
Since your spider exterminator will be applying a residual insecticide around the windows and sills, walls/floor junction and ceiling/wall junction, it's important that these areas are clear of furniture and other items. It's equally important that they are clean and dust-free right before the treatment. This is because the insecticide applied will settle better on clean surfaces. Make sure to also remove vegetation and creeper plants from the external walls of your property as this will reduce the shelter options for spiders.
What Does The Spider Treatment Entail?
Your local spider exterminator will treat the rooms inside your London property with a special fumigation machine. It disperses a layer of chemical fog into the air, which then settles and covers every single inch of surface area with a special insecticide against spiders. Our spider treatment plan includes 2 visits, which target the entire life cycle of the spiders and ensure a spider-free home if you have a normal-sized infestation.
- On the 1st visit - your spider pest controller will locate the infestation hotbeds and spray the areas with a hand sprayer insecticide solution. After that, the technician will use a special fogging machine to fumigate the room and kill off the spiders.
- On the 2nd visit - the spider exterminator will use a different insecticide that is designed to remain active for a long period of time and provide you long-lasting protection against spiders. He will again use the fogging machine to fumigate the area for spiders.
- Upon each visit by the spider exterminator, you will receive a detailed written report on all completed tasks.
*Additional visit by your local pest controller might be required if there is a heavy spider infestation and the technician advises you.
**Book a 3rd visit by your spider exterminator at a reduced rate and extend your guarantee for up to 3 months.
During the time of spider treatment, the technician will use a special protective mask and gloves to prevent contact with the insecticide. You need to vacate the property and allow for at least 3 hours of "drying" time for the insecticide after the treatment is over. Pets and children should also vacate the premises.
A normal person can confuse the spider with a number of other insect species. And since each pest requires different treatment, your professional exterminator will have to carefully examine the area in order to correctly define the pest in question. You may need to get a cockroach pest control service, fly infestation control, ant pest control or bed bugs treatment.
Best Plans For You
2 Visit Spider Treatment
- - Price for 1 bedroom property
- - Inspection and detailed pest control report
- - Treatment with ULV fumigation machine
- - All areas included
- Treatment with 2 visits and 2 months guarantee
Additional Bedroom (Add-On)
- - Price for additional 1 bedroom
- - Add additional areas to your service
- Price includes 2 visit treatments