How Do I Know I Have a Silverfish Infestation?
London homeowners frequently notice the silverfish bug either on the bathroom floor, the sink or the bathtub. Moreover, as they feed, silverfish leave damage as an indicator of their presence. Silverfish are nocturnal insects, so they hide during the day and cause damage at night. Their population grows quickly and remain unnoticed for a long time, which is why people only notice them once the population has spread.
Why Is Silverfish Control Required?
When indoors, silverfish will cause damage on clothing, food supplies (which is contamination in nature), upholstered furniture, and even paper. The destruction they cause will grow with their population and along with that, other pests will follow. Carpet beetles, for example, love the same conditions as the silverfish, so if you have one of the both, the second pest will soon follow. It's imperative to deal with a silverfish infestation as soon as you notice any signs of their presence.
Before the Silverfish Removal Procedure
Besides getting your home clean and clutter-free prior to the pest technician's arrival, there's nothing more you can do to prepare for a silverfish control in London
Silverfish Treatment Explained
Because silverfish are secretive and can lay their eggs in a variety of spots in your London home, the pest technician will first check-up all areas. He will take a peek in all property rooms to locate their hideouts. He will then spray all areas (mainly floors and skirting boards) with a potent chemical insecticide. The silverfish exterminator will pay special attention to rooms with high moisture - bathrooms, areas under the kitchen cupboards and sinks, basements, etc.
- On the 1st visit, the silverfish pest controller will locate the infestation and will give that area a good spray. He will then proceed to treat all floors and skirting boards in your London property. In order to check upon any activity in between the treatments, the pest pro will lay down some insect monitor traps.
- On the 2nd visit, the silverfish exterminator will spray the areas with a different, more potent product that is designed to remain active for longer periods of time. This will protect your home from manifestations. The technician will also check the monitor traps and replace them if needed.
*Keep in mind that an additional visit might be required if you have a heavy infestation and the technician thinks that one more treatment is needed.
**Book a 3rd silverfish control treatment at a reduced rate and extend your guarantee for up to 3 months.
There are other insect species that can infest your home, so the technician will have to confirm the exact pest problem that you are having. You may need a bed bug extermination, spider pest control, cockroach pest control service or even an ant treatment in London. Once the pest is confirmed, your local expert will get on with the extermination process.
When treating the area, the silverfish pest exterminator will use protective equipment - a special respiratory mask and gloves. Make sure that you have vacated the property during the time of treatment. You will also need to wait 3 hours after the silverfish control procedure before returning to your home. This will allow the insecticide to completely dry and take full effect.
Best Plans For You
2 Visit Silverfish Treatment
- *Price is for 1 Bedroom property
- - Inspection and detailed pest control report
- - Treatment with 2 visits
- - All areas included
- Treatment with 2 months guarantee
Additional Bedroom (Add-On)
- - Price for additional 1 bedroom
- - Add additional areas to your service
- Price includes 2 visit treatments